This light & fluffy 4-ingredient vegan chocolate mousse is a plant-based recipe in disguise. Going on taste, texture, and decadence, you'd never believe this dessert is 100% vegan. It will have you swooning within its luxuriously chocolaty embrace upon first bite. Seriously. Naysayers beware, this chocolaty delight isn't playing games.
I have another vegan chocolate mousse recipe on the blog and not to knock that one, but there is really no comparison. That one is delicious in its own right but a bit more pudding-like because of the avocado. This one, on the other hand, is light, fluffy, air-bubbly, and pillowy. It's the kind of dessert that will have you all "Okay, just one bite" but then one bite turns into two, two turns into the entire serving, and the entire serving turns into
you me trying to lick the glass. I don't care how classy you are, with this dessert, all bets are off.
Plus, this is the easiest chocolate mousse ever. To make it, you'll simply combine coconut cream, raw cacao, pure maple syrup, and melted dark chocolate in a bowl. Whisk it for 3-4 minutes to fluff. it. up. Pour it into serving glasses. Refrigerate it for an hour to set. Grab your spoon and dive in for one, two, three... all the bites.
Fluffy 4-Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- 1 ½ cups canned coconut cream
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder or cocoa powder*
- 2-3 tablespoons pure maple syrup, to taste (I use 3)
- ⅓ cup dairy-free chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Fresh berries (optional)
- Melt the chocolate chips over a double boiler or in the microwave. If you melt them in the microwave, I suggest whisking in 1 tablespoon water to thin the chocolate.
- Add the coconut cream, cacao powder, maple syrup, melted dark chocolate, and vanilla extract (if desired) to a large mixing bowl.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer with whisk attachments in place, whisk the mixture on high for 3-4 minutes or until all ingredients are incorporated and the mousse is light and fluffy.
- Pour the mixture into 4 serving dishes or glasses.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set.
- Top with fresh berries, if desired, and serve.