Breakfast? Dessert? Both? I'll let you be the judge, because I honestly can't decide. Although this creamy raspberry, coconut & chia shake leans toward the sweeter side of the flavor spectrum, I would happily welcome its rosy hues to my breakfast table.
Frozen raspberries are blended with a hearty dollop of rich coconut cream, almond milk, medjool dates, chia seeds, and a splash of vanilla. The coconut cream and chia seeds thicken and offer a shake-like quality, the dates lend sweetness, and the vanilla provides that extra something special.
The result is a silky-smooth, pink-hued shake with just enough sweetness to balance out the tart notes from the raspberry.
This recipe makes enough for two snack-sized shakes but could easily be single-strawedly devoured. The only judgment for the latter endeavor? That you're pretty darn awesome.
Creamy Raspberry, Coconut & Chia Shake
- 1 ½ cups frozen raspberries
- ⅓ cup full-fat canned coconut milk, chilled
- 1 cup unsweetened oat milk or almond milk
- ½ cup ice
- 4 soft medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth.