These speedy vegan and gluten-free 5-minute peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough is the perfect solution to a sweets craving. It comes together in a flash and contains a boost of dietary fiber, vitamin e, and healthy fats.
This post is sponsored by Silk. All thoughts, opinions, musings, etc. are my own.
If I had to pick one dessert to nosh on for the rest of my days, I’d pick vegan chocolate chip cookie dough, because it offers a little bit of everything…
1| Memories of entertaining adolescent decisions.
Fact: When I was 16, I ordered a tub of cookie dough from a friend who was selling it for a school fundraiser. And I ate it all. Bit by bit over the course of a week or so. And I’m not using the word “tub” as a playful exaggeration to poke fun at myself. This was a TUB of cookie dough. And I ate it all. I’m neither embarrassed nor proud of this fact, only amused.
2| It’s versatile.
If I became tired of chocolate, I’d pick out the chocolate chips and just eat the dough. If I became tired of dough, I’d pick out the chips and just eat the chocolate.
3| It’s like taking a walk on the wild side.
Granted, vegan cookie dough is far from dangerous because it’s egg-free, but the idea of raw cookie dough conjures up memories of my mom warning my brother and me not to eat it. “You’ll get sick if you eat that!” Explicitly instruct kids not to do something, and they’ll do just that. There’s something fun about walking on the wild side, isn’t there?
4| It’s delectable.
Sweet, gooey dough with warm notes of vanilla and the tiniest hint of sea salt + chocolate gems strewn throughout? Doesn’t get much better.
I’m attempting to convince you as if you need convincing, but I have a feeling I had you at “cookie dough.” But just in case you you need another nudge into cookie dough oblivion…
To make this speedy, 5-minute cookie dough treat, you’ll…
1| Gather the following ingredients…
2| Whisk together oat flour, coconut sugar, rolled oats, and sea salt.
3| Add Silk Unsweetened Original Almondmilk, peanut butter, and vanilla.
4| Use a fork to mash all of that goodness together, forming a dough.
5| And stir in a generous heap of chocolate chips.
I typically eat the dough straight from a spoon. But if that approach doesn’t jive with your dignity, then you can take a more civilized route and roll the dough into balls to form cookie dough bites. Both paths are equally delicious and worth repeating.
Happy (almost) Valentine’s Day! I hope your weekend is filled with love from others but most importantly, from yourself to yourself. You deserve it. ♥
5-Minute Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1 1/4 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Silk Unsweetened Original Almondmilk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (can substitute almond butter or sunflower butter)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, chopped dark chocolate, or raw cacao nibs
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the oat flour, coconut sugar, rolled oats, and sea salt until combined. Add 1/4 cup of the almond milk, nut or seed butter, and vanilla, and use the back of a fork to thoroughly mash into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles cookie dough. If the mixture is too dry, add up to another 1/3 cup almond milk, 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time, until the mixture resembles cookie dough. Add the chocolate chips and stir to evenly distribute throughout.
- Enjoy the cookie dough straight from the bowl or roll into cookie dough bites. Store in refrigerator.