This vegan roasted cauliflower green goddess salad is addictive, satisfying, and packed with nourishing, feel-good ingredients. Tender roasted cauliflower and chopped baby arugula are tossed in a lively, tangy, and creamy cashew green goddess dressing. Enjoy this salad for an energizing lunch or pair it with a sandwich // burger for a vibrant side dish!
Having shared well over 500 recipes with you all over the last seven years, it’s pretty difficult to play favorites.
There are countless flops and mediocre recipes that never see the glow of these backlit pages, because I’ve made it a habit to only share recipes I absolutely love and feel are worth repeating. Thus, the task of identifying favorites is made all the more difficult by the fact that I only share… well, my favorites.
Every now and then, there are certain recipes that do, in fact, stand out among all the rest.
And this salad? Well, it’s one of those favorites. My goodness is it a favorite.
Roasted cauliflower and chopped baby arugula are tossed in a tangy, vibrant, and creamy cashew green goddess dressing. The result is an addictive salad that’s sure to stir up lots of those frantic fork-to-plate-to-mouth-repeat motions. You know the type? The ones that signal to bystanders: I will not have leftovers, and I certainly won’t be sharing, so you best move along.
There’s something magical about roasted cauliflower. The simple cooking technique transforms a smelly cruciferous veggie into a tender, somewhat sweet, almost caramelized show-stopper.
Even some of the most veggie-averse can get down with roasted cauliflower.
And judging by the sheer number of cauliflower dishes I’ve seen on menus at fancy schmancy restaurants as of late, this once overlooked veggie has earned its keep on the center stage. Bravo, cauliflower. Bravo.
To make this vegan roasted cauliflower green goddess salad, you’ll start by roasting the cauliflower. No surprise there. :)
Simply core and cut two large heads of cauliflower into small florets; toss them in a bit of coconut oil, salt + pepper; and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender with hints of golden-brown char.
As the cauliflower roasts, you’ll get to work on the creamy cashew green goddess dressing.
To a blender, add raw cashews, filtered water, garlic, parsley, chives, dried tarragon, lemon juice, capers, and a bit of sea salt. Then, blend on high until super smooth and creamy.
This dressing has the loveliest pale green hue to it, and it’s packed with flavor.
Once the cauliflower has finished roasting, add it to a serving bowl along with a couple handfuls of chopped baby arugula, and pour the green goddess dressing over top.
Then, toss to coat, taste, and add a bit more sea salt and pepper if you’d like.
I like to serve this salad with a generous sprinkle of shelled hemp seeds for a plant-powered protein boost. Having said that, this is a completely optional addition, so feel free to skip it to keep things as simple as possible.
Either way, just be sure to make this salad.
It’s packed with micronutrients, detoxifying cruciferous goodness, and bright, herbaceous flavors.
Vegan Roasted Cauliflower Green Goddess Salad
Roasted Cauliflower Salad
- 2 large heads cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Creamy Cashew Green Goddess Dressing
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours and drained
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1/3 cup stemmed and roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons jarred capers drained
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 handfuls baby arugula, chopped
- Shelled hemp seeds, to taste (optional)
For the Roasted Cauliflower Salad
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and add the cauliflower florets to the pan. Drizzle with the coconut oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Toss to coat and then spread the florets evenly over the pan.
- Roast for 25–30 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender and flecked with golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool slightly.
For the Creamy Cashew Green Goddess Dressing
- Add all dressing ingredients to a high-speed blender, and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the warm cauliflower and chopped arugula to a large bowl, pour as much of the dressing over top as desired, and toss to coat.
- Taste and season with more salt and pepper, if desired.
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds (if using).
- Serve and enjoy.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 days.