This vegan no-churn eggnog ice cream is what holiday dreams are made of. Thick, custard-like, and oh-so-creamy, this festive ice cream requires just 5 minutes of active kitchen preparation.
This post is sponsored by So Delicious. Thanks for supporting the brands that support Blissful Basil!
I've been blogging for over eight years, and I've shared many ice cream recipes with you during that time. But, would you believe that I still don't own an ice cream maker? Nope. No fancy chilled churner floating around my kitchen.
And it's not because I don't love ice cream. Clearly, I do. As a matter of fact, it's one of my favorite desserts. It's just that I consider my kitchen space very, very precious, and ice cream makers aren't exactly petite.
Combine that with the fact that no-churn ice cream is wayyy easy to make, and I remain unconvinced that I'll ever need to buy an actual ice cream maker.
What's the point when all it takes is a blender and a loaf pan to create something this creamy?
There’s a two-fold secret to creating a super rich ice cream that’s completely churn-free: Medjool dates + cashew butter. Because neither the dates nor the cashew butter freeze completely, they allow the ice cream to set with a silky, scoop-able texture without the need for a snazzy ice cream maker or lengthy churn session.
The Medjool dates also naturally sweeten the ice cream, so there’s no need for added sugar either.
But beyond the basics, this holiday ice cream garners its festive flair from the addition of So Delicious Holiday Nog. Have you tried it? It's super creamy, sweet, and rich with the most delightful hint of nutmeg.
You'll need two and a half cups of Holiday Nog for this ice cream, which means you'll have another cup and a half leftover for sipping.
To make this simple eggnog ice cream, add the following to a high-speed blender:
So Delicious Holiday Nog
Pitted Medjool dates
Blend, blend, blend until the mixture is super smooth and creamy, ensuring that the dates are completely blended.
Then, pour the mixture into a loaf pan and freeze for at least eight hours, or until the ice cream has set.
Remove the ice cream from the freezer about 20 minutes prior to serving to soften to a creamy, scoop-able texture.
Then, scoop, scoop, scoop to your heart’s content.
Serve this vegan eggnog ice cream on its own with a dollop of So Delicious CocoWhip or alongside another festive dessert.
Vegan No-Churn Eggnog Ice Cream
- 2 ½ cups So Delicious Holiday Nog
- 1 ¼ cups pitted and packed Medjool dates (about 14 dates)
- 1 ¼ cups raw cashew butter*
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Line a 5"x10" loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a high-speed blender, combine the So Delicious Holiday Nog, dates, cashew butter, vanilla, nutmeg, and sea salt. Blend on high for 3 to 4 minutes, or until completely smooth.
- Pour the ice cream base into the lined pan.
- Loosely cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 8 hours, or until the ice cream has set.
- Let the ice cream stand at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes before scooping or serving. Then, dip an ice cream scoop in hot water, and use it to scoop the ice cream. Serve.
- Store the ice cream in the freezer, loosely covered, for up to one week.