Cashew Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup raw cashews (soaked for two hours if not using a high-speed blender)
- 1 cup filtered water
- ¼ cup chopped roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon arrowroot starch
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¾ to 1 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender, and blend on high for two minutes, or until completely smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a medium saucepan. Whisk constantly over medium heat for five minutes, or until the mixture thickens into a nacho cheese sauce consistency. Do not overheat (arrowroot loses its thickening power if overheated).
- Remove from the heat and serve.