VEGAN CRANBERRY-PECAN YOGURT PARFAITS
Vegan yogurt is layered with spiced cranberry compote and a quick, 10-minute gluten-free pecan granola. Pomegranate seeds and diced kiwi are the finishing touches on these plant-based holiday parfaits!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time40 mins
Course: Breakfast, Granola, Vegan Parfait
Servings: 4 parfaits
Author: Ashley Melillo
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen cranberries
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup plus more to taste
- ½ cup filtered water plus more if needed to thin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- Pinch fine sea salt
Quick Pecan Granola
- ½ cup raw pecan halves roughly chopped
- ¼ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoons virgin coconut oil melted
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 cups plant-based yogurt of choice (e.g. coconut, cashew, etc.)*
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 kiwis peeled and diced
For the Cranberry Compote
In a large sauce pan, stir together the cranberries, water, maple syrup, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt over medium-high heat. Bring to a rapid simmer for 2 minutes. Then, reduce heat to medium-low, and continue to simmer for another 8 minutes, or until the cranberries break down into a thick compote, stirring occasionally. Use the back of a spoon to gently mash any intact cranberries into the sauce.
Let cool completely. If it's too thick after cooling, add a bit more filtered water to thin to desired consistency. Transfer to a glass jar.
Keep refrigerated until ready to assemble.
For the Quick Pecan Granola
Meanwhile, add all the granola ingredients to a medium mixing bowl and toss to coat, ensuring that every last bit is coated. Spread the mixture into an even layer in the lined tray.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until wafting a rich toasted scent. Let cool on the tray.
Store at room temperature in an airtight glass jar until ready to assemble.
To Assemble the Parfaits
While the compote and granola are cooling, gather and prepare the yogurt, pomegranate seeds, and kiwi.
In 4 small jars or glasses, layer the yogurt and compote. Top with the crumble, pomegranate seeds, and kiwi. Serve immediately.