These vegan cranberry-pecan yogurt parfaits are both festive and nourishing. Vegan yogurt is layered with spiced cranberry compote and a quick, 10-minute gluten-free pecan granola. Pomegranate seeds and diced kiwi are the finishing touches on these plant-based holiday parfaits!
I’d reckon I’m feeling quite festive this year. Holiday this, green + red that, a dash of cranberries, a pinch of cinnamon, and a healthy dose of winter cheer.
It’s been fun getting into the holiday recipe spirit these last few weeks, and I have another jolly trick in the ol’ recipe box for you today.
What’s that? Too much cheesy cheer up in here? Probably.
Promise to take it down a notch if you give this recipe a go. It’s too good to miss.
There are three components to this snazzy parfait, but other than gathering ingredients, each part comes together rather effortlessly.
So what’s in this festive trifecta?
Plant-based yogurt (store-bought works like a charm) + toppings (pomegranate seeds, kiwi).
Cinnamon- and cardamom-spiked cranberry compote. Comes together in a speedy 10 minutes or so and requires little more than a stir and a cranberry smush from you.
Quick pecan granola. And when I say “quick” I mean quick. Toss together the ingredients, spread it on a pan, and bake for 8 minutes. That’s its.
Once everything is ready to go, you’ll layer the yogurt and compote into small jars or glasses. Then, top with the granola, pomegranate seeds, and kiwi.
Last step? Dish out, serve up, spoons in.
VEGAN CRANBERRY-PECAN YOGURT PARFAITS
Vegan yogurt is layered with spiced cranberry compote and a quick, 10-minute gluten-free pecan granola. Pomegranate seeds and diced kiwi are the finishing touches on these plant-based holiday parfaits!
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup filtered water plus more if needed to thin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Pinch fine sea salt
Quick Pecan Granola
- 1/2 cup raw pecan halves roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons virgin coconut oil melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 cups plant-based yogurt of choice (e.g. coconut, cashew, etc.)*
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 kiwis peeled and diced
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a small baking tray with parchment paper.
For the Cranberry Compote
- In a large sauce pan, stir together the cranberries, water, maple syrup, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt over medium-high heat. Bring to a rapid simmer for 2 minutes. Then, reduce heat to medium-low, and continue to simmer for another 8 minutes, or until the cranberries break down into a thick compote, stirring occasionally. Use the back of a spoon to gently mash any intact cranberries into the sauce.
- Let cool completely. If it's too thick after cooling, add a bit more filtered water to thin to desired consistency. Transfer to a glass jar.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to assemble.
For the Quick Pecan Granola
- Meanwhile, add all the granola ingredients to a medium mixing bowl and toss to coat, ensuring that every last bit is coated. Spread the mixture into an even layer in the lined tray.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until wafting a rich toasted scent. Let cool on the tray.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight glass jar until ready to assemble.
To Assemble the Parfaits
- While the compote and granola are cooling, gather and prepare the yogurt, pomegranate seeds, and kiwi.
- In 4 small jars or glasses, layer the yogurt and compote. Top with the crumble, pomegranate seeds, and kiwi. Serve immediately.