Vanilla Chai Energy Cookies
These Vanilla Chai Energy Cookies make an awesome back to school snack. Each cookie is packed with 5 grams of plant-based protein, thanks to hemp seeds, mulberries, and nuts/buckwheat groats. Plus, they're packed with warm chai spice, a flavor combination I can't seem to get enough of this time of year.
Prep Time25 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 10 energy cookies
- 3/4 cup raw nuts (cashews, almonds, walnuts) or raw buckwheat groats
- 2/3 cup packed and pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup dried mulberries
- 1/4 cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- 2 tablespoons Manitoba Harvest HempPro 70 Vanilla (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- pinch sea salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons filtered water
In a food processor, process the nuts or buckwheat groats until a coarse flour develops, being careful not to over-process if you're using nuts (or you'll end up with nut butter). Add the dates, mulberries, hemp seeds, hemp protein (if using), vanilla, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, and sea salt, pulse a few times and then process, while slowing adding the water as needed, until it rolls into a ball within the food processor. If it's not coming together, add in more dates, 1 at a time, until the mixture begins to gather on one side of the food processor.
Line a small baking pan with parchment paper. Use a cookie scoop (or small ice cream scoop) to scoop out 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoon mounds. Place on pan and repeat. Use a fork to create a crosshatch pattern and press the balls into round cookies. Freeze for 15 minutes to set.
Store in an airtight container in refrigerator or freezer.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 6g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g