Pumpkin Hummus from The Easy Vegan Cookbook + A Giveaway!
A rich and creamy vegan pumpkin hummus that's packed with pumpkin purée and protein-rich beans to boot. Pair it with sliced veggies, warm pita wedges, or toasted baguette!
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed or 1 1/2 cups (300 g) cooked
- 3/4 cup (184 g) pumpkin puree (can substitute sweet potato or butternut squash puree)
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons (10 g) nutritional yeast
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cumin, to taste (I used 1/2 tsp)
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon coriander, to taste, optional (I used 1/4 tsp)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water, as needed
- Sea salt, to taste (I used 3/4 teaspoon)
- Note: I also added 2 tablespoons of tahini to yield a super smooth and creamy hummus.
Place the chickpeas, pumpkin, garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, cumin, paprika, coriander, and cayenne in your food processor. Blend until the chickpeas are pureed (note: I blended until everything was super smooth and creamy). Add in water, one tablespoon at a time, if the mixture is too thick.
Taste and adjust seasonings; add sea salt to taste.
Serve with veggies, pita, sweet potato chips, etc.