Creamy Chipotle Sauce
Smoky, spicy, and creamy, this simple vegan sauce is the perfect addition to burritos, tacos, salads, and bowls!
- ½ cup shelled hemp seeds or raw cashews
- ¼ cup filtered water, plus more if needed to blend
- ¼ cup diced fire-roasted tomatoes (from a can)
- 1 tablespoon finely diced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, more or less to taste
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and peeled
- ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon sea salt, to taste
Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender. Blend on high until completely smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as often as needed.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.