Vegan Game Day Nachos
These vegan game day nachos are a snacking dream come true. Three layers of crispy tortilla chips are layered each with spicy tofu crumbles, simple 5-minute homemade cashew cheddar sauce, black beans, and pico de gallo. Then, the entire stack gets topped with fresh avocado, scallions, jalapeños, black olives (if you please), and a drizzle of sour cream.
Quick Pico de Gallo
- 4 roma tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1/2 small white or red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or to taste
- Sea salt
Nacho Base + Toppings
- 1 recipe Cashew Cheddar Cheese
- 4–6 servings sturdy tortilla chips
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 firm-ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeños or to taste
- Sliced black olives (optional)
- Vegan sour cream
For the Spicy Tofu Crumbles
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble the tofu into the pan. Add the chili powder, cumin, paprika, sea salt, and cayenne pepper. Cook for 8 to 14 minutes, or until the tofu is browned and crumbly and any liquid has evaporated, stirring frequently. Set aside.
For the Quick Pico de Gallo
Prepare the Cashew Cheddar Cheese (this takes just 5 minutes or so).
On a large serving platter or baking tray, spread out a layer of tortilla chips and top with the cheese, tofu crumbles, pico de Gallo, and black beans. Repeat two more times, creating three layers. Top with the avocado, jalapeños, scallions, and black olives (if using). Drizzle with the sour cream.