Vegan Everything Bagel Breakfast Pizza
This vegan everything bagel breakfast pizza is a simple, plant-powered twist on the classic lox, cream cheese, and bagel combination. Pizza dough is brushed with olive oil, sprinkled with everything bagel seasoning, and baked to perfection. The warm dough receives a generous smear of vegan cream cheese and is then topped with smoked carrot lox, red onion, and capers.
- 5 large carrots, peeled
- Smoked sea salt, to taste
- 24 to 26 ounces store-bought pizza dough or homemade pizza dough
- Olive oil
- Everything Bagel seasoning, store-bought or homemade
- 8 ounces store-bought or homemade vegan cream cheese*
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- Capers, drained, to taste
- Small handful flat-leaf parsley or chives, chopped (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Use a vegetable peeler to shave the carrots lengthwise into ribbons. Sprinkle with the smoked sea salt and toss to coat.
Wrap the carrots in a piece of foil to create a packet and place the packet on a small baking tray.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until tender.
Increase the heat to 425F.
Roll the pizza dough out into a circle or rectangle on a sheet of parchment paper. Brush the top with olive oil, and generously sprinkle with the everything bagel seasoning.
Bake the pizza dough for 12 to 16 minutes, or until desired doneness is reached. Let cool until just barely warm to the touch.
Spread the cream cheese over the nearly cooled crust. Top with the carrot lox, red onion, capers, and parsley or chives (if using).
Slice and serve immediately.
*Checkout my simple recipe for homemade cultured vegan cream cheese.