Roasted Cauliflower Shiitake Salad
This roasted cauliflower shiitake salad makes a flavorful side dish or hearty salad. Cauliflower and shiitake mushrooms are roasted until tender and slightly charred. Then, they're tossed with thyme, parsley, and toasted almonds. An optional spritz of lemon juice adds a pop of brightness!
- 1 large head cauliflower,
- 1 pound shiitake mushrooms, destemmed and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup Italian parsley, stemmed and chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ cup toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice (optional)
Preheat oven to 375F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
Add the cauliflower florets and mushrooms to the pan. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Use your hands to toss to evenly coat.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender and the mushrooms are golden brown and crisp, stirring and flipping every 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool. Once cool, transfer to a large serving bowl.
Add the parsley, thyme, and almonds (if using), and toss to coat. If a brighter flavor is desired, spritz with fresh lemon juice and toss to coat again.