Harvest Power Bowl
This vegan harvest power bowl is packed with festive fall flair. Crispy Dr. Praeger's Kale Puffs are nestled up alongside tangy maple-lemon kale, nutty apple-almond farro salad, and sweet cranberry-apple chutney. With a little advanced preparation and planning, you can prepare this cozy meal on a Sunday to enjoy as a quick grab-n-go meal throughout the upcoming week!
Servings: 6 servings
- 10 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 crisp red apples (e.g., honeycrisp, pink lady, etc.), peeled, cored, and diced
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup or to taste
- ¼ cup filtered water
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 bunches kale, thoroughly washed/dried, stemmed, and finely torn
- Juice of 1 lemon or to taste
- 1–2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, to taste
- 1–2 tablespoons aminos or tamari, to taste
- 2 boxes Dr. Praeger's Kale Puffs
For the Cranberry-Apple Chutney
The cranberry-apple chutney can be prepared up to 3 days in advance.
Add the cranberries, apples, maple syrup, water, cinnamon, and cardamom to a large saucepan. Turn the heat on medium-high and bring to a rapid simmer. Then, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the cranberries burst open and the apples begin to soften, stirring occasionally.
Let cool and transfer to a glass jar.
Refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to serve.
For the Apple Almond Farro Salad
For the Maple Lemon Kale
The kale is best prepared just one day in advance or just before serving, but you can simplify by prepping both bunches of kale in advance (i.e., wash, stem, and finely tear).
Add the kale to a large non-reactive (e.g., non-metallic) mixing bowl. Spritz with the lemon juice and drizzle with the maple syrup and tamari. Use your hands to massage the kale for a few minutes, or until it just begins to soften and wilt.