Tropical Green Power Smoothie
This tropical green power smoothie is crisp, hydrating, and ultra refreshing. Frosty frozen pineapple + mango are blended with electrolyte-rich coconut water, baby spinach, fresh ginger, and a splash of lime juice. Sip on this smoothie for breakfast on a steamy summer morning or enjoy it for an energizing mid-afternoon pick-me-up!
Servings: 1 –2 smoothies
- 1 ½ cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 2 heaping handfuls baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ to 1-inch thumb of ginger, peeled
- 1 to 1 ½ cups coconut water or filtered water, as needed to thin and blend
- 2 heaping scoops (i.e., 1 serving) pumpkin seed protein powder or other pure plant-based protein powder (optional)*
Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender, and blend on high until smooth.
Pour into a glass (or two).
*I use Sprout Living's Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder. I love it because it's pure with no additives (just straight pumpkin seed protein), doesn't impart a strong flavor, and provides a whopping 19g of plant-based protein per serving. If you'd like to give it a try, Sprout Living is kindly offering 15% off to all Blissful Basil readers. At checkout, use code: blissfulbasil