Creamy Sundried Tomato & Avocado Pesto
This creamy sundried tomato & avocado pesto pasta is creamy, zesty, and packed with flavor. The pesto is made by blending together avocado, sundried tomatoes, basil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes until smooth and creamy. Spoon the pesto over hot pasta, toss to coat, and serve. That's it. This is one of those basic meals that you can make again and again when in a time crunch or craving a comforting, fresh, and summery pasta dish.
Servings: 3 -4
- 12 ounces spaghetti (I used brown rice pasta), cooked according to package instructions with 1/2 cup cooking water reserved
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1/2 cup sliced sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup packed basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste, plus more for finishing the dish
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Drizzle of olive oil
Begin by soaking the sundried tomatoes in warm water for 10-15 minutes to soften. Drain and set aside.
Add the avocado, sundried tomatoes, basil, garlic, lemon juice, sea salt, and red pepper to a food processor. Process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth.
Add your cooked spaghetti noodles to a large bowl, pour the sauce over the noodles, and toss to coat. If your noodles are sticking, add in some of the pasta water 1 tablespoon at a time. Taste and season with more sea salt, if desired.
Divide your pasta amongst 3-4 plates, add garnishes, and serve.