Simple Sesame + Spice Rice Noodles
These vegan, gluten-free simple sesame + spice rice noodles are incredibly simple to make and ultra comforting. Warm rice noodles are cooked with a flavorful mixture of tamari, rice wine vinegar, toasted sesame oil, chili-garlic paste, almond butter, and a teensy bit of pure maple syrup.
Servings: 2 -4
- 8 ounces rice stick noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 3-4 tablespoons low-sodium tamari or soy sauce or to taste*
- 2 ½ tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 to 1 ½ tablespoons chili-garlic sauce/paste, depending on desired heat*
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- ½ teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1-2 cups baby arugula
Add your cooked rice noodles to a large serving bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the tamari or soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic-chili sauce, almond butter, and pure maple syrup.
Add the dressing and the arugula to the rice noodles and toss.
Divide the rice noodles up between 2-4 plates and serve.
*I use 4 tablespoons of low-sodium soy sauce; however, it's always best to start with less and add more depending on your preferred level of saltiness.
*I use Huy Fong brand chili-garlic sauce. It's more of a paste than standard sriracha sauce. If you opt for Sriracha sauce instead, you'll want to add a clove of sautéed minced garlic to make up for the lack of garlic in the sauce.