Cherry, Oat & Almond Butter Smoothie
This smoothie requires just 10 minutes and 5 ingredients, and it yields the most awesomely creamy texture. It's packed with antioxidants, fiber, healthy fats, calcium, vitamin e, potassium, manganese, and 8 grams of plant-based protein. And the fact that this smoothie tastes more like a breakfast milkshake? Well, that's just the cherry on top.
- 3 tablespoons old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 to 1 ½ ripe and speckled bananas, peeled, sliced, and frozen
- ⅔ to 1 cup frozen sweet cherries (I use 1 cup)
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
Add the oats to a small bowl and pour hot water over top. Let the oats soak for 5-10 minutes. Strain off excess water.
Add the oats, banana, cherries, almond milk, and almond butter to a high-powered blender.
Blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until completely smooth.
If you want the smoothie less cream and a bit colder, add in 3-5 ice cubes and blend again for another minute.
Pour into a glass, and enjoy.