Vanilla Chai Chia Pudding (vegan, gluten-free)
Sweet vanilla and chai spices are whisked into nutrient-rich chia pudding to create a spiced pudding. This chia pudding makes an excellent snack or healthy dessert!
- 1 1/2 cups almond or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract or the seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- pinch to 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
Add all ingredients to an airtight contain, and whisk together until incorporated.
Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
Divide between two glasses or bowls, and top with coconut whipped cream, if desired.
Serve and refrigerate leftovers.