Oatmeal Cookie Smoothie
This oatmeal cookie smoothie packs a punch of dietary fiber, healthy fats, and omega-3s. To make it, you'll blend soaked oats and almonds, frozen bananas, almond milk, flaxseed meal, vanilla, sea salt, cinnamon, and dates in a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy. The bananas and dates naturally sweeten the smoothie, offering it a truly cookie-like finish.
Servings: 1 (22-ounce) smoothie or 2 (11-ounce) smoothies
- ¼ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons raw almonds
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 ripe and speckled bananas, peeled, sliced, and frozen
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tablespoon ground flax meal (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 to 2 medjool dates, pitted (optional for added sweetness)
In a small bowl, whisk together the rolled oats, raw almonds, and boiling water and let stand for 10 minutes to soften the oats and plump the almonds. Strain and rinse.
Add the soaked oats and almonds, frozen bananas, almond milk, ground flax meal (if using), vanilla, cinnamon, and sea salt to a high-speed blender. Blend on high for 1 to 2 minutes or until completely smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. Taste and if you'd like a bit more sweetness, add the pitted date(s) and blend for another minute or until incorporated.