Matcha Mojito Smoothie + News to Share!
Matcha powder, fresh lime juice, and mint are woven throughout the pear- and banana-based delight. The result is crisp, refreshing, cooling, and just sweet enough. Plus, it offers a gentle energy boost thanks to matcha (green tea) powder.
Servings: 1 (18-ounce) smoothie
- 1 firm-ripe Bartlett or D'Anjou Pear, cored and roughly diced
- 1 ripe and speckled banana, peeled, sliced, and frozen
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 ½ to 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, to taste
- 1 to 2 soft medjool dates (optional to sweeten)
- 2 teaspoons smoothie-grade matcha powder
- Small to medium handful fresh mint leaves, tough stems removed, to taste
In a high-speed blender, combine the diced pear, frozen banana, almond milk, lime juice, date/s (if you prefer sweeter smoothies), and matcha powder. Blend on high until smooth. Add the fresh mint leaves and blend for another 10 to 15 seconds to finely chop and incorporate.