Vegan Cilantro-Jalapeño Ranch
This zesty, slightly spicy take on ranch dressing is the perfect topping for tacos, salads, and sandwiches. Use a food processor or blender to purée plant-based yogurt, olive oil, a jalapeño, cilantro leaves, a scallion, garlic, lime juice, a bit of vinegar, onion powder, and sea salt into a creamy dressing.
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 1 cups
- 1 cup unsweetened plain nut- or soy-based dairy-free yogurt (I like cashewgurt)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed, cored, and seeded
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1 scallion, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon white vinegar or apple cider vinegar, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender, and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
Refrigerate in an airtight glass container or jar until ready to serve.