Creamy Chipotle Sauce
Smoky, spicy, and creamy, this simple vegan sauce is the perfect addition to burritos, tacos, salads, and bowls!
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
- 1/2 cup shelled hemp seeds or raw cashews
- 1/4 cup filtered water, plus more if needed to blend
- 1/4 cup diced fire-roasted tomatoes (from a can)
- 1 tablespoon finely diced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, more or less to taste
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender. Blend on high until completely smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as often as needed.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.