Nutty Green Veggie Crunch Salad
This nutty green veggie crunch salad ranks among my all-time favorite recipes. It's chock-full of nutritious green vegetables and so, so fun to eat. The best of both worlds wrapped up in one crisp, refreshing salad!
Prep Time30 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1/2 large head romaine, washed, patted dry, and shredded
- 1/2 to 3/4 large head green cabbage, cored and shredded
- 2–3 mini cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, ends trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 to 1 bunch cilantro, stemmed and finely chopped
- 1 cup shelled edamame*
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts, almonds, or sunflower seeds (or a mix of all three—my favorite), plus more for topping
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
Nutty Sesame Dressing
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, almond butter, or sunflower butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tamari**
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
For the salad: Add all salad ingredients to a large serving bowl.
For the dressing: In a medium mixing bowl, vigorously whisk together all dressing ingredients until completely smooth and emulsified.
Pour as much of the dressing over the salad as desired, and toss to coat.
Serve immediately and top with more nuts and seeds, if desired.
*I use frozen shelled edamame. If you do this too, just be sure to thaw it before adding!
**I used regular Tamari. If you use reduced-sodium, you'll want to increase the amount (maybe to 2 tablespoons or so). Also, if you don't need to keep this salad gluten-free, you can substitute soy sauce for the tamari.