Buffalo Cauliflower Salad
This vegan buffalo cauliflower salad is everything a salad should be: veggie-packed with a wide range of flavors + textures and generously doused in drizzles of cool cashew ranch.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 2 to 3
- 1 medium-large head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into 1-inch florets
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup vegan buffalo sauce (e.g., Franks Red Hot), to taste
- Red cabbage, shredded, to taste
- Celery, washed, trimmed, and thinly sliced
- Mini cucumbers, thinly sliced
- Baby kale, to taste
- Pepitas, to taste
Cool Cashew Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup raw cashews**
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 2 scallions, ends trimmed and cut in half
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 425F.
Add the cauliflower florets to a large baking sheet. Drizzle with the buffalo sauce, and toss to coat.
Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, tossing halfway through, or until tender and beginning to turn golden brown.
Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables.
Make the dressing: Add all the dressing ingredients to a high-speed blender, and blend on high until completely smooth and creamy. Refrigerate until ready to assemble.
Assemble the salads: In roomy bowls, layer the kale with cabbage, celery, cucumber, and pepitas. Top with the buffalo cauliflower and drizzle generously with the dressing.
*The number of servings will depend on the amount of kale and veggies you use.
**No nuts? No problem. Substitute shelled hemp seeds or raw pepitas for the cashews to keep this salad nut-free!