Dill Pickle Hummus
This simple vegan dill pickle hummus requires just five ingredients (plus s + p). Chickpeas are blended until smooth along with pickle juice, tahini, garlic, salt, and pepper. Then, chopped dill pickles are folded into the mix. This tangy, zesty hummus is excellent slathered over crusty french bread.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup dill pickle juice (straight from the jar)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup cornichons (or small dill pickles), diced
For extra creamy hummus, remove the skins from the chickpeas by "popping" them between your pointer finger and thumb. Discard the skins.
Add the chickpeas, pickle juice, tahini, garlic, sea salt, and black pepper to a food processor. Process for 2–3 minutes or until completely smooth.
Transfer the hummus to a small bowl, and stir in the pickles.
Serve alongside a snack pairing of your choice, and refrigerate leftovers.