Spring Quinoa Salad with Sesame-Maple Dressing
This spring quinoa salad with sesame-maple dressing is as addictive as it is colorful. Fluffy quinoa is tossed with sugar snap peas, carrots, radishes, cilantro, and a sweet 'n' salty sesame-maple dressing. This simple salad comes together in about 30 minutes and is ideal for lunch or a light dinner during warmer weather months.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
Spring Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 4–6 radishes, trimmed and cut into matchsticks
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed and diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium tamari
Thoroughly rinse the quinoa in a fine-mesh sieve or colander. Then, bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the quinoa, return to a boil, and cook over medium heat for 12 minutes, uncovered, or until quinoa has absorbed most of the water, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat, fluff with a fork, cover, and let stand for 5 minutes.
While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the remaining salad ingredients. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
Make the Sesame-Maple Dressing by vigorously whisking the vinegar, maple syrup, sesame oil, and tamari in a small mixing bowl.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.