Light & Crispy Southwest Tortilla Pizza with Cilantro-Serrano Pesto
This vegan light & crispy southwest tortilla pizza with cilantro-serrano pesto is packed with zesty summer flair. A crisp tortilla crust is slathered with spicy cilantro-serrano pesto and then topped with fresh sweet corn, creamy avocado, juicy cherry tomatoes, and tangy red onion + scallions. This pizza makes the perfect light summer dinner or lunch!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 4 10- inch tortillas (I like to use sprouted grain or gluten-free)
For the Cilantro-Serrano Pesto
- 3 cups packed arugula
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1-3 tablespoons seeded and minced Serrano pepper, depending on desired level of spiciness
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1 cup shredded vegan mozzarella (optional, not pictured)
- 1 cup fresh sweet corn
- 1 firm-ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the tortillas on baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes or until crisp.
If you're opting to skip the cheese, spread the crisped tortilla with the cilantro-serrano pesto and top with the fresh vegetables. Slice and serve.
If you're opting to add the cheese, spread the cilantro-serrano pesto over the crisped tortillas, sprinkle with cheese, and bake another 8-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Then, top with fresh vegetables, slice, and serve.