Giant Blueberry Skillet Pancake | Vegan & Gluten-Free
A blueberry-packed and giant pancake is baked to perfection in the oven and drenched in pure maple syrup. Breakfast perfection.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 3 -4
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free oat flour*
- 1 1/2 cups lite coconut milk
- 1/4 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1/2 a large banana)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- tiny pinch of fine-grain sea salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, divided
- pure maple syrup for serving
Preheat oven to 425F.
Grease a 12-inch cast iron skillet with a bit of coconut oil.
Add the oat flour, coconut milk, mashed banana, pure maple syrup, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom, and sea salt to a large mixing bowl. Whisk together until all ingredients are incorporated. Add in 1/2 cup of the fresh blueberries and gently fold into the batter.
Pour the batter into the skillet and carefully drop the other 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries on top of the batter.
Bake the pancake for 25-30 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the pancake has set. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before slicing.
Slice and serve with pure maple syrup.
I like to make this pancake on Sunday and save the leftovers for breakfast during the weekdays. It's delicious straight out of the refrigerator drizzled with maple syrup.
*Do not substitute the oat flour (especially not with coconut flour).