These vegan tahini magic parfaits are petite, sweet, and simple. Three-ingredient raw cookie crust is pressed into jars. Then, glossy tahini caramel is drizzled on top. Shredded coconut, mini chocolate chips, and crushed nuts are layered on top of the caramel, and the finishing touch is an optional dollop of coconut whipped cream. These easy-to-make parfaits come together in about 15 minutes flat making them the perfect go-to when a sweet craving strikes.
If you’re wondering who to thank for this recipe, you can send your gratitude to two addresses: motherhood + sweet-loving genes.
In my nearly five months of being a mother, I’ve learned many things. One of them? Time is even more precious than I thought.
The days and weeks move swiftly, especially when you’re watching a little human develop before your very eyes. I find myself clinging to the goodness of each precious moment with our sweet little one, not wanting to take a minute of this special time for granted.
And so lately, time has been shaped and moulded to fall in line with the following…
A little less work, a lot more love.
A little less emailing, a lot more snuggling.
A little less Instagram, a lot more impromptu baby photo shoots.
A little less socializing, a lot more cozy nights in with Dan, Jack, and Sloane.
A little less cooking, a lot more story time.
But one thing my sweet teeth can never get less of? Dessert.
And so these vegan tahini magic parfaits came to be one evening when both a sweet craving struck and motherhood called.
To make them, you’ll need just 15 minutes and a small handful of ingredients.
You’ll whip together a quick oat crust by stirring together a bit of oat flour, brown rice syrup (or maple syrup), coconut oil, and vanilla until you have a clumpy, crumbly dough.
Next, whisk together some brown rice syrup (or maple syrup), tahini, vanilla, and sea salt until a thick, glossy caramel takes form.
Then, divide the oat flour crust mixture evenly between small jars or parfait glasses, and use your fingers to press it evenly into the bottom of each.
Once you have the crust pressed into each jar, drizzle a bit of the tahini caramel over top.
Top with shredded coconut, mini chocolate chips, nuts, and a bit of coconut whipped cream (optional but delicious).
Then, dig in.
These simple treats can be made in advance—perfect for those nights when time is limited but you need a little something sweet!
Vegan Tahini Magic Parfaits
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup, divided*
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, melted, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract, divided
- 1/4 cup pourable tahini
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Shredded coconut, to taste
- Mini chocolate chips, to taste
- Pecans or walnuts, roughly chopped, to taste
- Coconut whipped cream, to taste (optional)
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the oat flour, 1 tablespoon of the brown rice syrup, 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil, and 1/2 teaspoon of the vanilla until combined into a clumpy, crumble-like texture. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/4 cup brown rice syrup, remaining 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil, remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla, tahini, and sea salt until smooth and glossy with a caramel-like texture. Set aside.
- Divide the oat flour mixture evenly between three small parfait glasses or jars, and press evenly into the bottom of each. Then, scoop equal amounts of tahini caramel on top of each "crust" layer. Top with coconut, chocolate chips, nuts, and coconut whipped cream (if using).
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to two days and serve later.