This vegan stretchy cashew jack cheese comes together in just 10 minutes. Perfect for fondue, bean dips, and game day nachos!
Vegan Stretchy Cashew Jack Cheese
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for two hours or boiled for 10 minutes
- 2 cups filtered water
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons tapioca starch*
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt or to taste
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend on high for two minutes, or until completely smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a large saucepan. Stir constantly over medium heat for five minutes, or until the mixture thickens into a stretchy cheese consistency. At first it will become clumpy but just keep heating and stirring until it's smooth and stretchy.
- Remove from the heat and serve. (Note: I like to drizzle a tiny bit of oil over top to give it an authentic melted cheese vibe and then finish with a sprinkle of smoked paprika.)
*The tapioca starch can't be substituted—arrowroot, cornstarch, etc. will yield a thickened cheese but not a stretchy one.