This vegan smoky cashew queso comes together in less than 10 minutes and can be used as a stand-alone cheese dip or drizzled on a pile of plant-powered nachos.
Vegan Smoky Cashew Queso
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked for two hours if not using a high-speed blender)
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon arrowroot starch
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (about 1 small pepper*)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender, and blend on high for two minutes, or until completely smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a medium saucepan. Whisk constantly over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the mixture thickens into a drizzle-able nacho cheese sauce consistency. Do not overheat (arrowroot loses its thickening power if overheated).
- Remove from the heat and serve.