Vegan Cashew Mozzarella
This vegan cashew mozzarella is made with a small handful of simple ingredients and it comes together in less than 10 minutes. Simply blend raw cashews, filtered water, nutritional yeast, arrowroot starch (thickener), apple cider vinegar, and a bit of sea salt. Then, pour the the mixture into a pan and whisk over medium-low heat until the mixture thickens into an almost stretchy, gooey melted cheese consistency. Dollop the cheese on pizza, sandwiches, tacos—whatever your heart desires.
Servings 3 to 4
- ⅔ cup filtered water
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- In a high-speed blender, combine the water, cashews, nutritional yeast, arrowroot powder, vinegar, and sea salt and blend on high for 2 to 3 minutes or until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a medium sauce pan, heat over medium heat, and whisk continuously for 5 minutes, or until thick and stretchy.