This simple vegan cashew crème anglaise is made with just five ingredients: raw cashews, coconut milk, pure maple syrup, vanilla, and kala namak (i.e., black salt). The black salt adds an eggy flavor that makes this vegan crème anglaise taste just like the real thing. Although you can substitute regular sea salt, the flavor is much more authentic with kala namak.
Vegan Cashew Crème Anglaise
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk, can shaken or mixed well before measuring
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kala namak, highly recommend for proper eggy flavor*
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender, and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to an airtight jar and keep refrigerated until ready to use.