I’m 98% sure this vegan caramel pumpkin spice shake is the last of my pumpkin recipes for the season. I’m leaving those last two percentage points open just in case 1) I experience a surge of inspiration to tackle a pumpkin pie recipe in honor of Thanksgiving and/or 2) I’m able to solve the mystery of a pumpkin pasta recipe whose curious flavor has eluded some of my greatest seasoning efforts to date.
This Caramel Pumpkin Spice Shake keeps things simple and seasonably dreamy. The pumpkin spice shake base has a handful of the same ingredients as this pumpkin pie pudding, minus the avocado and plus a banana, coconut milk, a splash of almond milk, and some ice to keep things cool.
To make it, you’ll toss everything in a blender, blend until super smooth, and pour it into glasses that have been drizzled with a generous amount of this 5-minute pumpkin spice caramel sauce.
The recipe makes enough for about two, 14-ounce shakes or you can stretch it out into four, 7-ounce mini shakes.
If you’re in a pinch, don’t feel like you have to add the caramel. There are dates in the shake that also lend a caramel note, so the pumpkin spice caramel is really just an added element of luxury.
If, on the other hand, you’re feeling extra luxurious, then add a dollop of coconut whipped cream too.
This is your pumpkin spice shake, I’m just here to offer a little guidance along the way.
Vegan Caramel Pumpkin Spice Shake
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree, chilled
- 1 small ripe and speckled banana, peeled, sliced, and frozen
- 1/2 cup canned full-fat coconut milk, chilled
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or plant-based milk of choice
- 1/2 to 1 cup ice, as needed to chill
- 4 soft medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 to 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, to taste
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup 5-Minute Vegan Pumpkin Spice Caramel, warmed (optional)
- Coconut whipped cream (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend on high until completely smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle the pumpkin spice caramel around the inside of each glass. Place glasses in freezer for 10 minutes to set caramel.
- Divide the pumpkin shake between glasses. Top with coconut whipped cream and drizzle with pumpkin spice caramel (if using).