Spring green bling and shamrock-y things, this super green smoothie has got it all going on.
This smoothie is a minted (literally), spinachy twist on the shamrock smoothie bowl I shared a couple years back.
In this more vibrantly green version, baby spinach stands in for kale and the addition of fresh mint/mint extract adds a cooling, refreshing vibe.
To make it, you'll add the following to a blender:
2 frozen bananas
1 cup almond milk or plant-based milk of choice
2 big ol' handfuls of baby spinach
2 medjool dates (for extra sweetness, if you please)
A drizzle of almond butter (if you're feeling it)
A handful of fresh mint leaves or mint (not peppermint) extract
A splash of vanilla or a pinch of vanilla powder
A dash of spirulina powder (optional) for an extra bold kick of green
Then, blend on high until super smooth, pour into a glass, and enjoy.
Super Green Shamrock Smoothie
- 2 ripe and speckled bananas, peeled, sliced, and frozen
- 1 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted (optional, to sweeten)
- Handful fresh mint leaves, stemmed*
- 1 tablespoon natural almond butter
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract or vanilla powder (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon to ½ spirulina powder (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender, and blend on high until smooth.