This vegan stretchy cashew cheddar cheese comes together in just 10 minutes. It’s perfect for dips like this one and game day nachos!
Vegan Stretchy Cashew Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked for two hours or boiled for 10 minutes
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoons sea salt or to taste
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend on high for two minutes, or until completely smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a medium saucepan. Whisk constantly over medium heat for five minutes, or until the mixture thickens into a stretchy cheese consistency. (It will become lumpy before it becomes thick, smooth, and stretchy.)
- Remove from the heat and serve.