What’s tall, cool, refreshing, sweet, pucker-inducing, and packed with summer fruit? I’d say this strawberry-watermelon lemonade smoothie fits the bill.
Truth be told, it’s a knockoff of this pink lemonade smoothie I posted about two months ago. Only this one is crisper in flavor and lighter in texture because the banana is swapped out for fresh watermelon. It’s also incredibly hydrating and alkalizing thanks to pH-boosting watermelon and fresh lemon juice.
To make it, you’ll blend frozen strawberries, fresh watermelon, a splash of water, lemon juice, and a date or two for sweetness. If you’re feeling real fancy ‘n’ fresh, go on and add in a teaspoon or two of baobab powder. The fruit-derived superfood offers an impressive amount of Vitamin C, making it a wonderful immune booster.
Once you’ve blended until smooth, pour into a glass, pop in a straw, and drink it down.
Strawberry-Watermelon Lemonade Smoothie
- 2 cups fresh watermelon cubes
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (juice of approximately 1 lemon)
- 1 to 2 medjool dates, pitted or to taste
- 1 teaspoon baobab powder, optional
- In a high-speed blender, combine all ingredients and blend for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth.