This vegan salted caramel peanut smoothie is divinely sweet, creamy, nutty, nourishing, and caramel-kissed. It garners its caramel notes from Medjool dates, which weave their natural sweetness throughout each and every drop. A pinch of mineral-rich sea salt draws out the dates' full potential, unveiling the depths of both their sweetness and rich caramel flavor, while roasted peanuts lend a creamy, soothing quality to this dreamy smoothie.
This dreamy salted caramel peanut smoothie is a riff on this equally luxurious smoothie. It may sound and taste like dessert, but it offers a nourishing boost of trace minerals, protein, and fiber.
This peanutty smoothie garners its caramel notes from gooey Medjool dates, which weave their natural sweetness throughout each and every drop. A pinch of mineral-rich sea salt draws out the dates' full flavor potential, unveiling the depths of both their sweetness and natural caramel flavor.
Roasted peanuts lends a creamy, soothing quality to this smoothie, bringing a warm, nutty glow to its surface.
But again, while this smoothie tastes like a dreamily decadent dessert, don't underestimate its power to nourish and satisfy.
It offers a generous dose of healthy fats, potassium, fiber, folate, vitamin e, copper, and manganese.
Plus, it’s naturally sweetened, offers a nudge of plant-based protein, and has the most delightful nuttiness.
So whether you call it dessert or you call it breakfast, one thing’s for certain: it’s a surefire way to perk up any moment of the day.
Salted Caramel Peanut Smoothie
- ¼ cup raw shelled peanuts*
- 1 ripe and speckled banana, peeled, sliced, and frozen
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 to 3 soft Medjool dates, pitted* *
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon Pink Himalayan sea salt
- ½ to ¾ cup ice (optional, to cool and soften the flavors)
- Preheat the oven to 400F and spread the peanuts evenly in a small baking tray. Bake for 5 minutes, or until they're wafting a warm toasted scent.
- Add the roasted peanuts, frozen banana, Almondmilk, dates, vanilla, and sea salt to a high-speed blender. Blend on high for 1 to 2 minutes, or until completely smooth and creamy.
- Taste and if desired, add the ice (to cool and thin the smoothie), and blend for another 30 to 45 seconds.
- Pour into a glass (or two).
- Serve immediately.