This raw power zucchini pasta with hemp seed alfredo sauce packs major nutritional oomph and is incredibly fun to eat.
Heaps of spiralized zucchini noodles and lemon-marinated veggies are tossed in a protein-packed vegan hemp seed alfredo and finished with a touch of vegan parmesan.
Whether you're trying to incorporate more veggies into your new year, looking for a clean-eating + nutrient-rich meal, or simply craving a big bowl of pasta, this dish will effortlessly accommodate your every need. This raw vegan pasta is light, refreshing, and offers a slew of micronutrients, yet the richness of the sauce makes it intensely satisfying and comforting. The sauce also packs a nutritional punch of omega-3 and protein thanks to all those hemp seeds.
To make this "pasta", you'll start by marinating zucchini noodles in fresh lemon juice along with thin strips of red bell pepper and a small heap of thinly-sliced baby spinach.
The acidity of the lemon juice softens the noodles ever so slightly, offering them a more enticing bite.
As the noodles marinate, you'll make this Hemp Seed Alfredo Sauce by blending raw cashews, hemp seeds, plant-based milk, nutritional yeast, fresh lemon juice, garlic, sea salt, black pepper, and a pinch of nutmeg (if you're feeling it). Once everything is blended into a thick and creamy sauce, you'll pour the Alfredo over the pasta, sprinkle some fresh basil over top, and toss to coat.
Nestle heaps of the zucchini pasta into bowls and sprinkle with a bit of vegan parmesan cheese, if you'd like. Then, sink a fork in and get twirling.
Raw Vegan Power Zucchini Pasta with Hemp Seed Alfredo
- 4 medium zucchini, ends trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 2 heaping cups baby spinach, chiffonaded (very thinly sliced)
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 recipe Hemp Seed Alfredo Sauce
- Small handful fresh basil leaves, chiffonaded (very thinly sliced)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Use a spiralizer to spriralize the zucchini into pasta/noodles. Alternatively, use a vegetable peeler to shave the zucchini lengthwise, forming long, ribbon-like noodles.
- Add the zucchini noodles, red bell pepper, and spinach to a large mixing bowl. Pour the lemon juice over the noodles and veggies and toss to coat. Let the noodles marinate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Hemp Seed Alfredo Sauce.
- Add the basil and pour as much of the Alfredo sauce as desired over the zucchini pasta. Toss to coat. Taste and season with sea salt and black pepper, to taste. If desired, sprinkle on a bit of vegan parmesan cheese*.
- Divide between bowls and serve immediately.
**This recipe can easily be cut in half if you're looking to serve 1 to 2 people. Just remember to also cut the Hemp Seed Alfredo Sauce in half.