I have a sneaking suspicion that many of us are returning to work today after a lingering holiday vacation. If I'm correct, you're likely in need of a little pick-me-up, and I've got just the thing for you.
This Purple Power Detox Smoothie will soothe your over-sized case of the Mondays and quell the part of your heart that is longing to travel back in time to pre-holiday anticipation and excitement. It will also boost your energy buzz thanks to its potent detoxifying and nutrient-packed ingredients.
Too good to be true? Nah. Too good to miss is more like it.
To make this amethyst-hued gem in a glass, you'll add frozen bananas, fresh or frozen blueberries, a packet of açai purée, fresh kale, a sprinkling of hemp seeds, and a splash of water to a blender. Blend on high until smooth, pour into a glass, and garnish with pomegranate seeds. Each ingredient is detoxifying and packed with vitamins and minerals to fuel your bod in the most awesome way.
Begone, Manic Monday. Hello, healthy glow.
And to start the new year off right, here's a beat-heavy Sound Bite to perk up your ears...
Purple Power Detox Smoothie
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 unsweetened acai smoothie pack
- 1 cup fresh kale or baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon shelled hemp seeds
- ½ to 1 cup water
- optional topping: pomegranate seeds
- Add the bananas, blueberries, acai puree, kale, hemp seeds, and water to a high-speed blender. Blend on high for 2-3 minutes or until smooth.
- Pour into a glass, and top with pomegranate seeds, if desired.
- Serve immediately.