Just five ingredients stand between you and my favorite green protein smoothie. This vibrant smoothie packs 20+ grams of plant-based protein, plus multiple servings of both fruit and vegetables.
But there’s one smoothie that resurfaces time and time again.
Trusty, versatile, energizing, and GREEN. ♥
It’s my favorite green protein smoothie, and it’s a meal in and of itself. It boasts a cool 20+ grams of plant-based protein and multiple servings of both fruit and vegetables. And it’s huge—like 32-ish ounces huge.
To make it, you’ll need:
Two bananas. I recommend using frozen bananas but you can use fresh in a pinch and simply toss in a handful of ice cubes to cool the smoothie.
Several handfuls of baby spinach. More is more here, so don’t be shy. Grab heaps of the leafy stuff and pack it into your blender.
A couple scoops of pumpkin seed protein powder (or other mild-flavored plant-based protein).
A cup or two of liquid. I use half almond milk and half filtered water. For a super creamy smoothie, use all plant-based milk; for a lighter smoothie, use all filtered water.
A spoonful (or two) of sunflower butter.
Pack it all into your blender, and blend on high until super smooth and creamy.
This recipe makes enough to serve two people as a light snack, but I tend to drink it all by myself for an energizing, post-workout breakfast.
My Favorite Green Protein Smoothie
- 2 ripe, peeled, and speckled bananas*
- 3 large handfuls baby spinach or to taste
- 1–2 cups liquid, as needed to blend (I use 1/2 almond milk and 1/2 water)
- 2 scoops (1 serving) pumpkin seed protein powder (or other mild-flavored plant-based protein)
- 1–2 tablespoons sunflower seed butter or nut/seed butter of choice
- Optional Add-Ins: vitamin c powder, pure vanilla extract, etc.
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender, and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass.
- Serve immediately.