This vegan harvest power bowl is packed with festive fall flair. Crispy Dr. Praeger's Kale Puffs are nestled alongside tangy maple-lemon kale, nutty apple-almond farro salad, and sweet cranberry-apple chutney. With a little advanced preparation and planning, you can prepare most of this this cozy meal ahead of time to enjoy as a quick lunch or dinner throughout the upcoming week!
This post is sponsored by Dr. Praeger's. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Something about fall summons my need for bowl style meals. You know the type? The meals that contains a rainbow of colors, flavors, and textures nestled up within the confines of one roomy bowl?
If you skim back through my recipe archives, you'll notice that many of the power bowl recipes I've shared have arrived under the golden-leaved glimmer of the crisp fall air.
So much so in fact, that you're about to be hit with a double-whammy of power bowl love—today's harvest-inspired creation will be followed up by another fall-themed bowl early next week.
But before we get ahead of ourselves, let's talk about the goodness tucked away right here in front of us...
This vegan harvest power bowl is packed with the flavors and colors of fall.
Crispy Dr. Praeger's Kale Puffs are nestled alongside tangy maple-lemon kale, nutty apple-almond farro salad, and sweet cranberry-apple chutney.
While it may initially seem like a lot of work, the great thing about power bowls is that many of the components can be prepared in advance. That way, when you're ready to enjoy, you can simply finish preparing a few lingering elements, generously tuck everything into a bowl, and enjoy a nutrient-dense, energizing meal.
In this case, you'll prepare the farro salad and cranberry-apple chutney in advance and save the maple-lemon kale to prep either the day before or the day you're enjoying.
Then, just before enjoying, you'll crisp up the Dr. Praeger's Kale Puffs in the oven...
These crispy little puffs are essentially like an amped up, veggie-fied tot, and they bake up in a speedy 15 minutes.
They're crazy good and are made with simple, familiar ingredients—red bliss potatoes, kale, expeller pressed canola oil, potato flakes, sea salt, potato starch, garlic powder, and black pepper, to be exact. No funny business.
Once all four elements are prepped and ready to go, tuck them into a roomy bowl and enjoy.
Harvest Power Bowl
- 10 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 crisp red apples (e.g., honeycrisp, pink lady, etc.), peeled, cored, and diced
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup or to taste
- ¼ cup filtered water
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
Apple Almond Farro Salad
- 1 recipe Apple Almond Farro Salad
- 2 bunches kale, thoroughly washed/dried, stemmed, and finely torn
- Juice of 1 lemon or to taste
- 1–2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, to taste
- 1–2 tablespoons aminos or tamari, to taste
- 2 boxes Dr. Praeger's Kale Puffs
For the Cranberry-Apple Chutney
- The cranberry-apple chutney can be prepared up to 3 days in advance.
- Add the cranberries, apples, maple syrup, water, cinnamon, and cardamom to a large saucepan. Turn the heat on medium-high and bring to a rapid simmer. Then, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the cranberries burst open and the apples begin to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool and transfer to a glass jar.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to serve.
For the Apple Almond Farro Salad
- Prepare the Apple Almond Farro Salad (can be prepared up to three days in advance).
For the Maple Lemon Kale
- The kale is best prepared just one day in advance or just before serving, but you can simplify by prepping both bunches of kale in advance (i.e., wash, stem, and finely tear).
- Add the kale to a large non-reactive (e.g., non-metallic) mixing bowl. Spritz with the lemon juice and drizzle with the maple syrup and tamari. Use your hands to massage the kale for a few minutes, or until it just begins to soften and wilt.
For the Kale Puffs
- Just before assembling and serving the bowls, bake the kale puffs according to package instructions.
- Tuck the freshly baked kale puffs into a roomy bowl alongside a bit of the chutney, farro salad, and kale.
- Serve immediately.