This festive cranberry-pear smoothie was designed with the holiday season in mind. It packs a festive flavor and a joyful, jewel-toned hue that’s bound to infuse the mornings with a little more gratitude.
This post is sponsored by Silk. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Where are all the smoothies at? It’s been six weeks since I last shared a smoothie recipe, and that’s five weeks too long for my smoothie-obsessed heart. Let’s offer a warm and welcoming hellooo to this festive cranberry-pear smoothie.
The chilly air has officially moved in on Chicago. There’s a part of me that wants to move on to warmer and cozier breakfast things, but there’s another part that would rather keep sippin’. Things might get a little too brisk from time to time, but that’s what sweaters are for, right?
This smoothie was designed with the holiday season in mind. It packs a festive flavor and a joyful, jewel-toned hue that’s bound to infuse the mornings with a little more gratitude.
To make it, you’ll blend together…
»»» Frozen cranberries
»»» One ripe pear
»»» Frozen mango
»»» Silk Unsweetened Original Soymilk or Coconutmilk
»»» Fresh ginger
»»» Ground cinnamon
»»» Ground nutmeg
…until smooth. Then, give it a taste. You can enjoy as is or, if you’d like it a bit sweeter, add 1–2 pitted dates and blend again.
I love the subtle tartness the cranberries add, so I typically enjoy it as is, but the dates offer a lovely sweetness that mellows out the acidic zing of the cranberries.
This smoothie is packed with vitamin C, vitamin K, copper, fiber, and anti-inflammatory phytonutrients. The recipe makes enough for two medium-size smoothies or one large smoothie. Share the love with a friend or treat yourself to a double-dose of holiday goodness. ♥
Festive Cranberry-Pear Smoothie
- 1 ripe D'Anjou or Bartlett pear, cored and roughly diced
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 1/4 cups Silk Unsweetened Original Soymilk or Coconutmilk
- 1 to 2 teaspoons peeled and minced fresh ginger, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 to 2 Medjool dates, pitted (optional, to sweeten)*
- Add all ingredients, except for the dates, to a high-speed blender. Blend on high until smooth. Taste. Enjoy as is or, for a sweeter smoothie, add 1 or 2 pitted dates and blend again.