This vegan and gluten-free comforting & cozy fall power bowl is simple and incredibly satisfying. Sautéed curly kale and savory baby bella mushrooms, spicy tomato jam, warm brown rice, and fresh arugula are tucked, side-by-side, into extra roomy bowls. A generous drizzle of tahini and a spritz of fresh lime juice is the finishing touch that unites all the flavors as one.
Open up your eyes and hearts to a warm bowl of deliciously healthy comfort food. When the fall gets chilly, my food gets cozy. Not just cozy though, powerfully cozy. Powerfully cozy as in packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to provide a kick of energy and a nudge of sass. If you’re wondering where the sass is coming from, I’ve got my bets set on that ruby-hued tomato jam. I’ve heard she’s a tad fiery.
This bowl of vegetable goodness is simple and incredibly satisfying, especially when it’s snuggled on your lap post-yoga session at the end of a chilly fall day. To make it, you’ll nestle the following ingredients side-by-side in a bowl: sautéed curly kale and savory baby bella mushrooms, spicy tomato jam, warm brown rice, and fresh arugula. Then, you’ll offer a generous drizzle of tahini and a spritz of fresh lime juice. Feel-good food at its finest.
Comforting & Cozy Fall Power Bowl
- 1 recipe Spicy Tomato Jam
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 10 ounces baby bella mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 1 head curly kale, stemmed and roughly chopped
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cup baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 lime, sliced in half
- Make the tomato jam.
- Divide the coconut oil or olive oil between two large skillets and heat over medium. Add the sliced mushrooms to one skillet and the chopped kale to the other, and season both with salt and pepper. Cook the mushrooms and the kale for 8-10 minutes or until both are tender/wilted.
- Season the brown rice with salt and pepper.
- Assemble by dividing the tomato jam, mushrooms, kale, brown rice, arugula, and tahini between two bowls. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lime over each and serve.