If there are two things I’ve learned throughout 4 ½ years of food blogging it’s that 1) peanut butter is a crowd-pleaser and 2) the simpler, the better.
If I’ve drawn accurate conclusions from my informal data collection procedures, then you’re going to flip for these simple and oh-so-awesome vegan peanut butter crunch cups.
Puffed quinoa is coated in a rich mixture of peanut butter, coconut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. The peanut butter mixture is similar to this 3-ingredient peanut fudge, so there is a fudge-like quality to these treats. That nutty mixture is then spooned into muffin liners and popped into the freezer to set.
After an hour or so, you’ll have crunchy, peanut-buttery, and addictive little cups of goodness. These crave-worthy vegan peanut butter crunch cups are sweet enough for dessert, yet totally snack-approved.
6-Ingredient No-Bake Quinoa Peanut Butter Crunch Cups
- 1 ½ cups puffed quinoa*
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the puffed quinoa to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add the peanut butter, coconut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to a medium sauce pan. Heat over low, and whisk continuously for 4-5 minutes or until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the puffed quinoa and stir to coat.
- Place 16-18 muffin liners on a baking pan. Drop heaping tablespoons of the quinoa mixture into the muffin liners and gently smooth out with a spoon.
- Pop the pan into the freezer for 1 hour to set.
- Once the cups have set, you can transfer them to the refrigerator to store.