A few fun facts about my love affair with avocados:
1| On average, I eat 3-4 avocados a week.
2| I love mashing 1 avocado with the juice of 1 lime and a sprinkling of sea salt and adding heaping dollops of that goodness into power bowls. Try it but don't blame me when you have a fierce, unshakable addiction.
3| I often incorporate avocados into breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Sometimes they even get whipped into dessert.
4| I also use avocados in my skincare routine. Avocado + ACV mask, anyone? Me! Me!
5| But my hands-down favorite way to enjoy avocados is in...
After messing around with about 50 variations over the past 15+ years, I've realized that sometimes fancy spices complicate things and meddle with flavors that are perfect all on their own. So, when it comes to guacamole, purity and simplicity are key.
This 5-ingredient guacamole keeps things easy-breezy, fresh, and flavorful. To make it, you'll simply mash together the flesh of one avocado with the juice of ½ to 1 lime (I always use a full lime, because I love the bright pop of citrus). Then, you'll fold in diced tomatoes, chopped cilantro, and some minced garlic. Stir in a pinch of sea salt, and that's it!
This recipe serves 1 to 2 people and is incredibly easy to double, triple, or quadruple for larger groups (read: super bowl partay). If you're not a fan of cilantro, don't fret. Checkout the recipe notes for another option.
Dip those chips!
5-Ingredient Perfect Guacamole
- 1 ripe avocado, halved
- 1 lime, halved
- ¼ cup diced plum or vine-ripe tomatoes*
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro**
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- sea salt, to taste (I use about ¼-1/2 teaspoon large-flake sea salt)
- Scoop the flesh of the avocado into a small bowl. Juice either ½ to 1 lime over the avocado (depending on how citrusy you like your guacamole -- I like a full lime!). Use the back of a fork to mash the avocado and lime juice together.
- Add the tomatoes, cilantro, and garlic to the bowl and gently fold into the avocado mixture.
- Season with sea salt, to taste.
- Serve with tortilla chips, veggie sticks, or your favorite dip-able snack.
**If you dislike cilantro, fret not! Simply omit it altogether or consider adding in some finely-diced poblano peppers instead.