Spring green bling and shamrock-y things, this super green smoothie has got it all going on.
This smoothie is a minted (literally), spinachy twist on the shamrock smoothie bowl I shared a couple years back.
In this more vibrantly green version, baby spinach stands in for kale and the addition of fresh mint/mint extract adds a cooling, refreshing vibe.
To make it, you’ll add the following to a blender:
2 frozen bananas
1 cup almond milk or plant-based milk of choice
2 big ol’ handfuls of baby spinach
2 medjool dates (for extra sweetness, if you please)
A drizzle of almond butter (if you’re feeling it)
A handful of fresh mint leaves or mint (not peppermint) extract
A splash of vanilla or a pinch of vanilla powder
A dash of spirulina powder (optional) for an extra bold kick of green
Then, blend on high until super smooth, pour into a glass, and enjoy.
Super Green Shamrock Smoothie
Frozen bananas, baby spinach, almond milk, dates, mint, almond butter, vanilla, and spirulina (optional) are blended into one vibrantly energizing, ultra green smoothie. Feel free to play around with the add ins, adjust to taste, and get creative!
- 2 ripe and speckled bananas, peeled, sliced, and frozen
- 1 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted (optional, to sweeten)
- Handful fresh mint leaves, stemmed*
- 1 tablespoon natural almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or vanilla powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon to 1/2 spirulina powder (optional)
Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender, and blend on high until smooth.
*Alternatively, use 1/2 teaspoon mint (not peppermint) extract.